Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Orange Rolls to Die For!


We have had fun making rolls from the blog How Does She. This blog has excellent photos and helps. It really is the easiest recipe we have ever made. No kneading required. That's a good thing because kneading scares people and we don't want to scare anyone! This recipe makes a large batch of rolls. We often make one pan of dinner rolls and another pan of sweet rolls.

We have made rolls to eat with Sunday Dinner, with the same dough we have made Cinnamon Rolls and Orange Rolls. They all were delicious.
The cinnamon rolls were rubbed with soft butter, sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnamon. If you liked raisins you could add them too. We don't. I like to frost cinnamon rolls with Caramel Frosting
Orange rolls are made much the same, spread with butter then rub the zest of 2 oranges into a cup of sugar. Sprinkle the orange sugar over the buttered dough and roll and cut. Bake and frost with:
 Orange Cream Frosting. This will be the best thing you have ever eaten.
1 package cream cheese, very soft
1 cup powdered sugar
zest from two oranges
dash salt
1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
Beat together the soft cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and juice.
In another bowl beat 1/2 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks appear.
Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. What you have here is something close to heaven. Swirl it onto your warm orange rolls and enjoy the deliciousness!



11 comments:

Nedra said...

Orange rolls are my favorite! We make them everyday at DB and they are so hard to resist. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown said...

Those look fantastic!! Never tried orange rolls but it sounds like I have to and even more if you say they're simple!!!

Unknown said...

Those look fantastic!! Never tried orange rolls but it sounds like I have to and even more if you say they're simple!!!

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

Oh my. I love the pillsbury version of orange rolls, so I can only imagine how fabulous these homemade rolls are, especially with orange cream cheese frosting. Thanks for sharing!

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

This sounds like your usual delicious bakes. I like the orange flavor.

Could I ask you to link this to Bake with Bizzy? It will open after 5, today.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Wow! These look amazing. I could reach right in and grab one right now.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love orange rolls and these look delicious and not to difficult. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Thanks. It is linked up. They are lovely.

Eliotseats said...

Looks like a recipe for this weekend's breakfasts!

Kayte said...

These look just perfectly fabulous. I could not be trusted in a room with any of these. Eating just one would not be an option. I will make them when there is a house full of swimmers visiting. Yep, that's what I will do!

Leslie said...

You're killing me, Cindy! These look AH-MAZ-ING!!